Before having kids, my wife and I started an annual tradition of attending the Ruff Weekend at the Westin Whistler Resort & Spa. It was a short road-trip and a wonderful getaway where we could bring our dog. Not a lot of hotels allow you to bring your dog, or they charge astronomical fees to do so, but the Westin Whistler sees it a bit differently. They not only allow dogs, they treat them like one of the family! She had her own dog bed, special dishes, and every staff member greeted her as well. The Ruff Weekend had events for you and your dog, including talent shows, hikes and more. Unfortunately, the event stopped running for several years and we haven't been since that time. But I'm happy to announce that it's finally back, and bigger and better than before!! Yay! Our family tradition can continue on, and we can't wait to take our kids!!
The Ruff Weekend is now called the Woof Weekend! It's happening on October 17-19, 2014 and is truly a retreat for dogs and their owners. The event is in support of Whistler Animals Galore, a shelter serving the Sea to Sky Corridor. Westin takes pride in offering dogs the same level of comfort as guests with the signature Westin Heavenly Dog Bed®. They are also one of the only luxury hotels in Whistler to allow dogs to stay free of charge. Their love for dogs has inspired the Woof Weekend, which includes three days of fun and invigorating activities, educational seminars, and culinary events. The best part? Children can attend with adults at no additional charge when registered for the event!
Events during the Woof Weekend include:
- Adventure hikes and seminars with Alpine Dogs
- Training demonstrations with Joyce Tattersall of No Pawblems K9 Camp
- Educational sessions with Dr. Rebecca Ledger, pet behaviourist, animal welfare scientist, and Vancouver Sun columnist
- Agility demonstrations from K9 Incredibles
- A Pet Expo, with exhibits from an array of local pet businesses
- K9 Wine and Dine Gala Dinner with MC Jessica Banks from Mountain FM
- Culinary demonstration from Westin Executive Chef Brad Cumming
- Dog Pedicures from Shampooch Grooming
View The Full Event Schedule Here
Weekend Registration includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in a Deluxe Studio Suite
- Welcome gift bag
- Friday Opening Reception
- Saturday Continental Breakfast (served in-suite)
- Guided adventure hike with Alpine Dogs with picnic lunch
- K9 Wine & Dine Gala Dinner
- Sunday boxed breakfast
- Priority access to all seminars and demonstrations throughout the weekend
- $50 charitable donation to Whistler Animals Galore
Registration is $669.00 for two adults plus one dog, or $509.00 for a single adult plus one dog. Additional dogs can be added for $40.00 each. Children can attend with adults at no additional charge. All prices are exclusive of tax. To book, visit http://www.westinwhistler.com/woofweekend or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This is a sponsored post, however, my review and opinion of the Westin Whistler is in fact authentic! We really do love it there!